Friday, February 27, 2015

Hmm; Always Assume You Know.

By Bridget Eze

Let M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ share a philosophy of mine that has been helping M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ all the way.

Tho very lenghty buh interesting aswell.‪#‎Happyreading‬
ALWAYS ASSUME YOU KNOW!!!
It all started when I was in SS1 (ADSS maitama abuja) we had our usual young catholic student (YCS) fellowship meeting in school der and a reverend father was invited to give us a "talk"
While he (the reverend father) was advising us as students he told us to "always assume we know either academically or socially. That assuming will make us strive to know that particular thing we already professed we know, and also, so as not to fall our hands to that person we already told we know,thereby strive/struggle to know that(it could be anything) ...‪#‎u‬ dig???
After the fellowship I went back to class to tell my other friends who were not catholics and didn't attend the fellowship what our FATHER said and D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇†̥̥ I will someday give it a trial.
So I did indeed....
When I was in SS2,there was this student in SS1 (same school)she met M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ to help her with her mathematics assignment and D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇†̥̥ she was gonna submit it before break time. I looked at the work it was all this pythagoras theorem.
And I was like OMG! M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ dah hate maths talk more of pythagoras theorem. But still I collected it told her I knew it (assumed I knew it) then told her to go and come back in 30mins time.
Immediately I rushed to one maths guru in my class den and asked him to teach M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ ,he did and I knew/understood it asap. So wen she came back for it I was now balanced to explain the work to her no shaking.
Why???
Simply because I assumed!!!
And it continued like that in secondary school till I finished.
Another experience was when I entered higher institution and came back for break. There was this reigning hair style den I told my younger sis D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇†̥̥ I use to make it for my friends in school and D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇†̥̥ I was gonna make it for her ....meanyl I know have neva made that particular hair style for anybody, although I could make hair then sha but neva made that style I told my sis.
Because I was very inquisitive and had already assumed I know and didn't want to fall my hand,I decided to go to a salon and make D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇†̥̥ exact style on my hair.
While they were making it for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ I knew how to make the style from the stylist and came back and practicalised it on my sis hair and it was perfect.
Samething happened in the case of eyelash,nails and many other things I learnt.
All thanks to that reverend father tho have forgotten his name......atleast apart from academics, he made M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ know more like making perfect hair,nails,lashes and many oda things.
Also
Thanks to my sis them,my practical practicalizations (lol) D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇†̥̥ made M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ perfect wen it has to do with hair,nails e.t.c
Now I can confidently say assuming made M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ have perfect hand-work/skill.
You too can ASSUME yoU̶̲̥̅̊ know anything kwa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment