Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Need to Re-think


RE-THINK
by: Maazi Orji Eke Samuel

I found myself this morning thinking of the many past events in my life that contributed
immensely in shaping who I am today- how I think, what I have come to believe, my
behaviours, the small company I keep, my independence from strings and chains, my indifference to many things and people, my stubbornness, resilience, courage and boldness, my diet and looks, everything. This impromptu journey into the past isn't that  quite funny, but I guess it's worth it. I'm afraid they'll continue to wield so much influence on me because they are the real foundation and
pillars on which I am built. What a life I've got here, so help me God.

subnote:
This kind of thought is pertinent especially when one seem to be so busy and your whole life is tied to one or more things that seems inevitable and indispensable. Just like Maazi Orji above, we can infer if it’s worth it or not.
Its important to ask the following questions:
- what am I doing now that occupies my time?
- Is what am doing contributing positively to my health and wellbeing?
- am I happy doing it?
- Is it affecting my neighbour and the world positively or negatively?
- how do I maintain the positive effect?
- how do I stop the negative effect?
- Are the strategies am using to stop the negative effects working or do I need to change lifestyle or job completely?
- Will my new lifestyle make the world a better place?
- Is my lifestyle pleasing to God?

If you succeed in answering those questions, then you are on your way to making an important decision in your life.
Remember the Socratic dictum, which states, ''an unexamined life is not worth living''. (more quotes)

Many have spent their life doing things that they lived to regret at the long run. This quiet, little time you spend to check yourself can correct alot of anomalies in your lifestyle.
Everyone has to borrow some minutes of his/her busy schedule to rethink and reexamine his/her life and make amends.

After all said and done, we must seek divine assistance from God as Maazi Orji has noted as an important part of a worthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment